Quick Tips on How To Wear Women’s Boyfriend Jeans
What are boyfriend jeans? They are a trendy essential of menswear inspired fashion. These jeans look like guys’ but are made just like women’s jeans. (You don’t have to raid your boyfriend’s closet!) If you need some tips on how to wear women’s boyfriend jeans, read on….
Don’t Steal From Your Man! Get Your Own Boyfriend Jeans That Suit Your Body and Style
By Suzanna Du
Fashion can be a funny thing. Quite recently, one of the hottest trends seems to involve stealing…from a guy’s wardrobe. Menswear inspired fashion has been on the rise, as evidenced by the recent popularity of boyfriend jeans. However, you do not need to steal a pair from your man. Most denim designers have many versions of this style. Whether bunched and baggy, skinny and slouchy, distressed or regular, you’ll have no problem finding one that suits your style and fit your body type. Here are some tips on how to look stylish in boyfriend jeans.
- When searching for the perfect pair, be prepared to try on lots of styles so you can get the one that works for you. Make sure your jeans look cute and slouchy and not big and sloppy. Great brands to try are Current/Elliot, Hudson, Yanuk and J Brand.
- Buy women’s jeans. Just because they’re called boyfriend jeans, that doesn’t mean you should take the shortcut and buy men’s jeans, or even wear your boyfriend’s. Men’s jeans are cut differently, and we, as women have curves that they don’t have. For optimal fit, it is best to stick with women’s denim.
- When you find the right pair, you’ll want to top if off with an overall feminine look. Wear them with a fitted tee or tank top. Or you can go super feminine and wear a sheer chiffon blouse with or without ruffles. Fitted cardigans and blazers also look great when worn with boyfriend jeans. You can balance the baggy, masculine look by accessorizing with layers of pearl necklaces or bangles.
- Roll up the cuffs. Look for jeans that have a straight leg. This style flatters most body types and is much easier to roll up. If you’re wearing heels, roll them above your ankles, or just below if you’re wearing flats. Push the hems up a little, fold in the extra fabric on the side, and then roll. (the roll should be about 1 1/2″ in size.)
- Wear them with any kind of shoe. Boots and heels give one kind of look, flats and flip flops, another kind. On one hand, you might want to stay away from sneakers. Other than that, pair them with gladiator sandals, pumps, ballet flats or this season’s peep toe booties.
- Add a belt. Show your femininity by emphasizing your waist with a belt. This style of jeans should be loose on the hips, so it is almost essential that you accessorize with a belt. You should opt for classic vintage belts. Play with different sizes, but when it comes to color, it is best to stick to darker colors.
This style may not be the most sexy pair of jeans in your closet, but they are definitely comfortable and relaxed. The great thing about it is you can dress them up or down and still look chic and fashionable.
Did you find these tips on how to wear boyfriend jeans helpful? When shopping for jeans, it can be a challenging experience. Remember, what looks good on someone else may not look so good on you. The key to finding the perfect jeans is to find a pair that compliments your body type. Take a look at my site for more resources on how to find jeans that flatter your figure and where you can purchase designer women’s jeans such as boyfriend jeans and many more at discount prices.