Quick Tips On How To Get Flattering Fit In Women’s Wide Leg Jeans
Wide legged jeans are a big trend right now, but are you sure how to wear them properly? This style of jeans has been appearing on stylish celebrities such as Jessica Alba, Rachel Bilson, Kim Kardashian, and Rihanna, but can you pull them off and look just as great! Of course, with these tips on how to get flattering fit in women’s wide legged jeans.
Tired of the Skinny Jean Craze? Slip Into a Pair of Women’s Wide Leg Jeans
By Suzanna Du
Just when you though you’d mastered the skinny jean, along comes another fashion trend for you to tackle. A celebrity favorite, women’s wide leg jeans have been spotted on stars like Jessica Alba, Rachel Bilson and Rihanna. So are you ready to conquer this look? Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Know your body type – For the most flattering fit, the key is choosing the right pair for your frame. If you are tall, you can get away with the extra wide styles. If you are petite, a wider leg will look too overwhelming. For this body type, it is best to stick to a more modest leg with a subtle flare. For those who are pear shaped, choose a pair that flare out just below the knees. This will help balance out curvy hips. Best styles to try are Seven For All Mankind Ginger or Dojo, Paige Bundy or Robertson and Hudson Deluxe or Farrah.
- It’s all about balance – Wearing a wide top with women’s wide leg jeans will just make you look wide all over. Instead, pair this look with a long, slim-fitting top that’s preferably tucked in. An untucked top can also have an overall thickening effect on your figure. If however, you choose not to tuck in your shirt, you can offset the volume of wide legged jeans by picking a shorter, slightly loose top.
- Pick a color – Black clothing is visually slimming and it can do the same for your wide leg jeans. A dark wash will help give you a long and lean look. To create a slimmer looking silhouette, you can always go with black, but indigo and chocolate brown will additionally do the trick.
- Define your waist – If you are going to master women’s wide leg jeans, you must accessorize with a belt. This will prevent your waistline from getting lost amid the folds of fabric. Pick a wide cinch belt to showcase your middle. You can also tuck in your shirt all the way and pair it with a thin gold or silver belt.
- Wear the right shoes – It’s very important that you pick the right shoes to go with your wide legs. If you are petite, top it off with wedges or any type of heels (ankle boots are great.) This will lengthen your legs and make you appear taller. If you are tall, wear flats, sandals or even wedges. The trick is to make sure your hems just skim the floor when you have your shoes on.
This style can look flattering on anyone. If you’re tired of squeezing into skinny jeans, let your legs breathe a little and slip into a pair of women’s wide leg jeans. Not only will they look longer in these babies, they’ll thank you for the extra room!
Did you find these tips on women’s wide leg jeans helpful? When shopping for jeans, it can be pretty challenging. Sometimes what looks good on someone else may not look so good on you. The key to finding the perfect jeans is to choose a pair that compliments your body type. Take a look at my site for more tips on jeans that flatter your figure and where to buy designer women’s jeans such as wide leg jeans at discount prices.